Wednesday, August 5, 2015

How I feel when I can’t watch The Big Bang Theory



I feel incomplete right now.

I got home from work on time, quickly ran through some of my chores and happily sat on my favorite sofa. I was eagerly looking forward to an evening or at least part of an evening with one of my best television shows: The Big Bang Theory when the worst happened.

Mi Friki Mundo Uy The Big Bang Theory Recomendaci
Credit: cartoondrawings.net  Licence: CC BY 4.0

I turned on my TV set and the indicator light actually came on but all I am getting is a blank screen. It’s a 50 inch Vizio LCD and its only 11 months old. I live in Albuquerque New Mexico and since that’s where I bought the TV from I called the repair man and I was asked to take a picture of the TV which I did and sent back to them. They promised to call me back in an hour. But no call from them so I had to call again. Eventually I got a lot of apologies and was asked to switch it off and back on again.

I did that and the screen lit up a bit and I was about to jump for joy when it went black again.I called them back and after a lot of questions I was told they may have to change the power board but they are also suspecting other things like the T-con board, the whole screen or the backlight converter. Unfortunately the parts have to be ordered first before any repairs can be made.

Long story short, no Big Bang Theory for me today. I don’t get to see what is now arguably the most popular show on American television. If you’ve never seen it let me tell you what I like it so much. It basically revolves around two young and very brilliant scientists (physicists in this case) named Leonard Hofstadter (Johnny Galecki) and Sheldon Cooper (Jim Parsons). They understand almost everything about how the universe works and have a very high combined IQ of 360! Unfortunately, they find it hard to interact and relate with other seemingly normal people. Women especially. Good enough, a beautiful and fun-loving single lady, Penny (Kaley Cuoco), takes up an apartment across the hall from them and Leonard quickly becomes attracted to her. Penny presently works as a waitress but aspires to become an actress.

I particularly enjoy the general geeky feel of the show and the way some scientific facts are presented. Other geeks in the show include Howard Wolowitz and Rajesh Koothrappali who selects to go mute whenever Penny comes around. The constant jokes really help me relieve stress after a busy day. I guess I am not the only one who likes this show because it had been nominated for an Emmy Award in the best comedy series category and Jimmy Parsons has won four Emmy Awards so far for his role in the show.

Sadly for me, am missing out on all that fun today and I really feel bad this is happening today of all days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment