Thursday, August 6, 2015

I won’t be enjoying the Bachelor today: What could be worse than that?



Am Downtown driving around Albuquerque, New Mexico at the moment. I move through Marble Avenue, Coal Avenue and by the railroad tracks. With each passing minute I am slowly getting frantic.  I am not ill but I am having an emergency of a completely different kind, my Plasma TV won’t work and I need a TV repair service as quickly as possible since my favorite shows are coming up and I don’t want to miss them. 

The TV in question is about 3 years old and the fault has been showing up for a while now. When turned on the picture size changes from the last time it was used. Images flicker and it becomes quite a strain following what’s going on in the show. May times the picture becomes so large I can’t see the edges of the screen because it’s cut off and at other times its so tiny you can’t figure out what is going on. As I watched earlier today, the screen became tiny again and despite my efforts switching it on several times, it only got worse as now it’s not even coming on at all.

The Bachelor Season 19 Episode 9 Review After Show Afterbuzz
Credit: syerasite.com  Licence: CC BY 4.0
I had a TV repair man come in to have a look at it and it seemed to work for a while but now the fault is back again and I would much rather use someone else for the repairs this time.
After driving a bit more, asking around and checking online I finally find a repair shop and quickly tell them what the problem is and I am trying to remain calm while I let them know the urgency of getting it fixed well ahead of time to watch my favorite TV shows: The Bachelor, Game of Thrones and Scandal.

I have been almost religiously watching these shows for years and I make sure I don’t miss any episode.

I can’t even decide which one I like best at this point although they are both unique in their own way. 

The Bachelor for one is more or less an online dating game show that packs a lot of intrigue and fun in each episode. It’s a US created TV series first aired in March 2002 and is now in its 19th season. The reality show is hosted by Chris Harrison and is so successful that there have been various spin-offs like The Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise.

The romantic in me finds the plot quite interesting, an eligible single man is chosen as the bachelor and he gets to choose a possible wife from a pool of about 25 ladies. He gradually eliminates the women as the show progresses and this act of elimination creates a lot of tension and really brings out the bad traits in the women as they struggle to be chosen. I also enjoy the romantic, breath taking and exotic locations they travel to.

The TV man has now checked it and tells me he will have to keep it for at least a week before he can get all the parts to fix it and with a sinking feeling I realize I won’t be watching any of The Bachelor, Scandal or Game of Thrones.

I feel like picking the TV up and throwing it at the wall but so I don’t get labeled as crazy by the TV man I quietly pick myself up from the chair and get in my car for the drive back home alone without my beloved TV. I can just tell it’s going to be a long week without my favorite TV shows: What could be worse?

No comments:

Post a Comment