Saturday, August 8, 2015

Watching The Voice TV show without sound



I love watching the Voice, really I do.

It’s a TV reality competition that originated in the United States of America and features some of my best celebrities judges and coaches. On the show you would see award winning singers like Shakira (I can’t get enough of watching her), Pharell Williams, Usher, Gwen Stefani, Adam Levine and Christian Aguilera amongst others. I enjoy the fact that I get to see these celebrities not just when they are featuring in their own videos but in a more structured setting. They argue, laugh and generally behave like us normal human beings.

The Voice’ Usa 2013 Recap Top 12 Perform Celebritynewsandstyle
Credit: hebml.com   Licence: CC BY 4.0
The idea behind The Voice is the goal finding previously undiscovered singing talent from across the country. They could be solo or duets and are chosen from publicly aired auditions. The winner gets US $100,000 and a also gets a record deal with popular recording companies like Universal Music Group and Universal Republic Records. 

This show is a hit. The chosen celebrities act as coaches to the contestants and try to make sure that someone from their team wins the competition. This makes for a lot of ups and downs, laughs and tears that keep one glued to the TV. The show has different levels also called “rounds” like the Battle Rounds, The Knockout Rounds and the Instant Save (introduced in season 5).

Sometimes it’s heartbreaking to watch these young (and not so young) people sing their hearts out and get evicted eventually. It’s like their dreams are being crushed. The musical renditions though are simply electrifying and superb, they leave me at the edge of my seat and sometimes even shouting in anger and surprise when my favorite act is evicted!

However, it looks like there is every there is every possibility that would not be happening for me today for one single reason, my Samsung TV is faulty.

I have had the TV for just 6 months now and it literally scared the hell out of me last weekend as it came on by itself late at night. I called one of the TV repair companies I could find here in New Mexico, Albuquerque to be precise and was bluntly told to call Samsung as it was still under manufacturer’s warranty and I did that. It was fixed and all seemed ok for a while till today just when I was getting ready to watch The Voice!

Now when I try to change the channel by pressing channel up or down it keeps going down continuously. I was able to reset the TV and turned it off for a while and all seemed to be good again. I eagerly watched the clock counting the seconds for The Voice to come up and just a few minute before it was due to start the volume and sound options don’t work at all. What good is it watching a musical TV show when I can’t hear what’s happening? I have called up Samsung again and a lady is trying to connect me with the repairs unit.

Am biting my nails in anxiety and anger right now, and can’t put in words what I am feeling as I feel down in the dumps. It’s almost like I am right there on stage competing and have just been evicted from the competition because I suspect that by the time I am connected and able to explain the problem maybe a large part if not all of the show would be finished. I can only sit and watch the images in misery with no sound coming out.




No comments:

Post a Comment